This blog has moved! All new posts will be on charlesmartin.com.au and all the current posts have migrated there too, so please leave comments there instead.

18 July 2009

Audio Studio in Ubuntu

I'm going to use an Ubuntu system to do some audio projects, so I wanted to figure out how to use Jack and some other applications that come with Ubuntu Studio.

Jack Resources:
Ubuntu Wiki - preparing a studio computer - includes help on realtime settings
Ubuntu Wiki - Howto Jack Configuration

Ubustu - How to configure Jack
Linux Journal article about Ubuntu Studio setup

Supercollider resources:
Tutorial for installing SuperCollider on Ubuntu
Apt Repository for Supercollider
Using the SuperCollider plugin for the gedit text editor
SuperCollider swiki

*update* My computer won't boot with Ubuntu Studio 9.04's realtime kernel (linux-rt). Other people have a similar problem. Discussion threads have had success with a custom kernel build that I will try out. Instructions here.

No comments: